Starting Salary: $21.36/hr
After successful completion of driver training, $22.97/hr
Are you a safe, skilled, and courteous driver seeking to impact lives in our community positively? If your answer is yes, then A Wider Circle is the place for you. In this role, you will support our largest program offering essential services to our community. The work schedule depends on the need of the operation and will include one (1) weekend day.
A Wider Circle is a non-profit organization that approaches holistically ending poverty.
The Driver/Loader will support the in-kind donations program, specifically including the daily pick-ups of in-kind donations (furniture, housewares, and clothing) from across the region. The driver will consistently interact with clients while conducting in-home and curbside pick-ups. When the driver is not on the road, they will participate in performing IKD Coordinator duties on-site.
Essential functions-primary responsibilities
- Drive a 17-foot box truck to pick up in-kind donations from donors both in-home and curbside across the greater metropolitan region
- Drive to pick up bulk donations
- With assistance from a co-pilot, remove furniture and other in-kind donations from donors both in-home and curbside
- Load and unload all In-Kind donations with care and attention
- Record donor demographic information
- Provide tax receipts to donors
- Ability to work in different climate conditions
- Unload box trucks of in-kind donations at designated locations
Required Skills /Abilities
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehension of safety policies and procedures
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical clearance to drive a truck
- Adherence to all driving safety rules and procedures issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. or more with assistance
Required education and experience
- One year of work or volunteer experience
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Experience working in the transport, moving, or hauling industry.
Preferred Education and experience
- Experience working with individuals and families living in poverty.
Additional eligibility requirements:
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Driver will work outdoors in different climates and in a warehouse environment. When driving, travel is a small cab front seat with a passenger.
Capable of lifting 100 pounds or more with assistance. This job requires consistently lifting arms high and bending knees often. Must be able to withstand a variety of changing weather conditions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Yes, DC, MD, VA
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org