Neighbor to Neighbor Day
Sunday, June 4, 2023
A Wider Circle’s Ann & Don Brown
Center for Community Service
Tickets: $25 • Family Tickets: $75
Learn, Serve, and Celebrate!
Join us at A Wider Circle’s Center for Community Service for a community day extravaganza!
Neighbor to Neighbor Day is a great opportunity for families, groups, and neighbors of all ages to join us for a day of learning opportunities (including a panel discussion featuring WAMU’s Michael King and Morgan Baskin), special volunteer projects, plus carnival games, arts and crafts, delicious food and drink, and more.
Neighbor to Neighbor Day is all about you — our neighbors — engaging with each other and supporting members of our community.
Tickets are $25, or purchase a $75 family ticket for admittance of up to two adults and four children. Proceeds from all tickets purchased will support the work of A Wider Circle, and all donations made at the event (and all June long!) will be matched, dollar for dollar! Gather your friends, family, and colleagues and join A Wider Circle in building community, neighbor to neighbor.
***Kids under 5 get free entry to Neighbor to Neighbor Day! While they do not need a ticket, if you are bringing any children under 5, please email Brooks Reagan at email@example.com so that we can get an accurate headcount for the event.***
- Hear from experts in the region in our panel discussion, Poverty, Equity, and Economic Security, moderated by WAMU weekend host Michael King.
- Gain perspective and understanding of the challenges and difficult choices faced by many of our neighbors through an educational
- Take a tour of A Wider Circle’s Center for Community Service and learn about our programs, and meet members of our Social Justice Committee!
Panel Discussion: Poverty, Equity, and Economic Security — 2:00-3:00pm
Civil Rights Attorney/Advocate
- Participate in unique volunteer projects, including assembling furniture for a neighbor’s home, curating book bundles, and more!
- For companies and larger groups, roll up your sleeves and give a neighbor the ultimate gift — turning a house into a home! Sign up as a sponsor to volunteer for Furnishing Futures, where you’ll join our team at a neighbor’s home to move in much-needed furniture, set up rooms, and decorate with warm touches.
- Play carnival games, show your style in our mannequin dressing competition, and visit our photo booth!
- Kids and adults alike can express their creativity at our arts and crafts station.
- Close out the day by gathering with your neighbors for awards, raffle prizes, and some delicious barbecue!
By sponsoring Neighbor to Neighbor Day, you can help provide critical funds to help A Wider Circle support your neighbors on their journey out of poverty, while also promoting your business to:
- Our email list of more than 20,000 supporters,
- Our 20,000+ followers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn,
- Plus our network of thousands of volunteers, donors, partners, and more!
Certain sponsor levels include the opportunity to underwrite and participate in our Mattress Giveaway and Furnishing Futures activities, along with other benefits.
As a sponsor, you will receive participation and recognition benefits as outlined below.
Bonus Sponsor Activities
- Furnishing Futures: Furnish a home for a neighbor! Another great opportunity for corporate engagement. Furnishing Futures will enable your team to set up an entire home for a neighbor receiving support from
A Wider Circle. Help move in much-needed furniture, set up rooms, and decorate with warm touches. Roll up your sleeves and give a neighbor the ultimate gift — turning a house into a home!
- Mattress Giveaway: SOLD OUT! Connect with neighbors as we distribute our most requested item: mattresses! Sponsorship of our Mattress Giveaway facilitates corporate engagement by allowing a team of your employees the chance to greet neighbors receiving items, load their vehicles with beds and additional home furnishings, and connect with local community nonprofits assisting with the event. This a great way to give back to many in our community in just a few hours!
After finishing their day of service, volunteers for both activities will join guests at our Center for a barbecue and festive celebration!
For more information, or to discuss these opportunities further, please contact Brooks Reagan, Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-608-3504.
Thank you to our Neighbor to Neighbor Day sponsors!
Forrester Construction • SkyPoint Federal Credit Union • Temple Sinai Washington DC • Washington Property Company