Salary Range $20.43-$20.91/hr
If you are excited to join a winning team, A Wider Circle is the company for you. The IKD Scheduling Coordinator handles a high call volume daily to ensure we have the essential items needed to serve the community. In addition, the Scheduling Coordinator would work fully in-person on-site at our Silver Spring service center.
The In-Kind Donations team at A Wider Circle works with community members seeking to support our work by donating furniture, home goods, infant and toddler items, and professional attire and accessories. Our call volume is very high, and we work hard to accommodate those who would like to donate to support our cause and provide much-needed essential items to those in need.
- Value the people we work with as well as guests, volunteers, and all others who support our work.
- Seek to maintain a harmonious environment that lends itself to the safety, comfort, and personal growth of all who enter and work in our space.
- Celebrate the diversity of thought, ideas, and expression.
- Meet people and organizations where they are, with what they want and need.
- Build relationships through rapport, trust, and communication.
- Recognize that all who enter this space have their own pathway and story.
- Listen attentively, seek to understand, and assume positive intent.
- Practice compassion in all our interactions to ensure this is a safe and comfortable space for all.
Essential functions-primary responsibilities
- Interface with potential donors via phone and email to coordinate donations, ensuring all communications are positive and uplifting.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of truck routes and pick-up schedules.
- Work with the team to find creative and innovative approaches to increase inventory and find ways to increase efficiency.
- Serve as a representative of the organization’s mission and goals to the broader community.
Required Skills /Abilities
- Ability to function in a face-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- A strong combination of creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently to prioritize and schedule appointments for pick-ups
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and/or related software.
Required education and experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Three years of experience working in customer service and/or an office environment.
Preferred Education and experience
- Experience working with individuals and families living in poverty.
Additional eligibility requirements:
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Assistant will work in a shared office space located in a warehouse.
Prolonged periods of sitting and talking on the phone.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply for an open position, please send a resume and cover letter indicating your position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org