Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday, 9 AM – 3 PM
Opportunity to transition from part-time to full time
A Wider Circle is seeking a dedicated and compassionate individual to serve our clients daily. Feel what it truly means to serve those who need our help the most. You will impact their lives by ensuring individuals have the basic items they need for everyday living. If you enjoy working with people, then this position is for you.
The Coordinator will work within the Essential Support Team, which encompasses our furniture program, baby items, professional clothing, agency partnerships, and resource navigation. As an Essential Support Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing direct services to clients in person, on the phone, and electronically each day. In this role, you will also be the primary point of contact and support for hundreds of families each year who are transitioning out of shelters, escaping domestic violence, or otherwise coming to A Wider Circle for help obtaining basic needs items.
Essential functions and primary responsibilities
- Oversee the client appointment process for furniture, baby items, and/or professional clothing from start to finish with sensitivity and maturity.
- Work directly with the clients receiving services at our center and treat all clients with dignity and respect.
- Think beyond a standard response to questions, issues, challenges, etc.
- Participate in community pop-up events and other projects to serve clients in unique and creative ways.
- Phone Calls
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all incoming calls to the Essential Support program.
- Become knowledgeable on how to respond to the various calls we receive, expressing high levels of customer service and empathy.
- Handle a large volume of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Identify clients’ needs, provide information, and direct to appropriate staff when needed.
- Input all data for appointments, calls, and other relevant interactions you took part in, and ensure every detail is clean and accurate.
- Document all interactions with clients appropriately and timely.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams, including in-kind donations, inventory, volunteer, admin, and operations teams, to ensure the smooth functioning of all client appointments.
- Connect clients to other programs offered by A Wider Circle and to resource navigators for help securing resources outside of the organization as needed.
- Team Work
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure that we are meeting our daily goals.
- Be flexible to changes and assist the team where needed.
- Develop a mindset to think one step ahead, always identifying ways to improve daily operations for the team.
- Ensure the showroom and Welcome Center are in beautiful condition/shape at all times.
- Pick up trash, arrange furniture, clean, and decorate as needed to create a beautiful shopping experience for our clients.
- Assist with guiding interns and volunteers
- Set a good example and help in their learning process.
- Continuous learning
- Make professional development a priority and complete steps to reaching your identified professional development goals each year, not including any mandatory team or agency-wide training.
- Continue to learn about the people that we serve.
- Value all people we work with, staff, guests, volunteers, and all others who support our work.
- Seek to maintain a harmonious environment for the safety, comfort, and personal growth of all who enter and work in our space.
- Celebrate the diversity of thought, ideas, and expression.
- Meet people and organizations where they are, with what they want and need.
- Build relationships through rapport, trust, and communication.
- Recognize that all who enter this space have their own pathway and story.
- Listen attentively, seek to understand, and assume positive intent.
- Practice compassion in all our interactions to ensure this is a safe and comfortable space for all.
Required Skills /Abilities
- Ability to function in a face-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion to a range of clients experiencing poverty and other stressors.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and/or related software.
- Ability to learn other software (i.e. Apricot, Acuity)
Required education and experience
- Associate’s Degree in social work, human services, psychology, or related field.
- One year of experience working in customer service and/or an office environment.
Preferred Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services, psychology, or related field.
- Two years of experience working in a customer service or professional office setting.
- Experience working with individuals and families living in poverty.
- Conversational proficiency or fluency in another language besides English.
- Comfortable with driving a work van.
Additional eligibility requirements:
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Coordinator will work in a shared office space in Silver Spring, Maryland. After demonstrated proficiency with key tasks, one work-from-home day per week will be allowed, during which time the focus will be on returning client calls.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and talking on the phone.
- Prolonged walking around the warehouse and showroom.
- The ability to lift up to 20 lbs. If lifting over 20 lbs, you must be assisted by another staff member.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com